Thursday, December 9, 2010

Son of Aurelius - The Farthest Reaches (2010)

I admit that I seem to have been defeated by the internet. I set out to find some info on this album and I could not find out if their name was Son of Aurelius or Sons of Aurelius or if their album is called The Farthest Reaches, Son of Aurelius or Myocardial Infection. I have now made a semi-educated guess and I hope it's close to the right thing.

Son of Aurelius is a band from Santa Cruz, California. They play Technical Progressive Death Metal. This is their first album (I think).

This album is really growing on me. They make me think of Arsis which was also a grower for me. It's tech death with melodic riffs. I guess it's Technical Swedish Metal.

I think this album is really good and this band could become very big. The musicianship is top-notch, especially the bass player who displays his Berklee skills throughout the album. The other guys also play very well. The guitarist is also a member of Animosity and a live member for Decrepit Birth. The album is really flawless in terms of playing. I think you should definitely give it a listen.

Check it out on MediaFire

1 comment:

  1. Son of Aurelius og hérna er myspace síðan þeirra
    http://www.myspace.com/sonofaurelius

    ReplyDelete