Sunday, December 12, 2010

Arkaik - Reflections Within Dissonance (2010)

Shit, I haven't posted since Thursday because I have been very busy. Now I am on Christmas break from school and I plan on posting a lot. 

Arkaik is a band from California. This is their second full length album.

They play Technical Death Metal, reminds me of Decrepit Birth but not quite as much focus on melodies. They also remind me of Odious Mortem which is not surprising given that all of these bands are from California. I really like how the California tech death scene is evolving. Lots of original tech death coming from there.

The sound on this album is very good, it's clean but also very organic. I really liked this album, it displays great musicianship and since these guys are really trying to find an original sound this is at least a step in the right direction.

Get it on MediaFire

No comments:

Post a Comment