Monday, December 6, 2010

Odious Mortem - Cryptic Implosion (2007)

Odious Mortem is a band from San Francisco, California. This is their second full length album. They have been one of the leaders of the California Death Metal scene for some time now. That scene has spawned bands like Decrepit Birth and Severed Saviour, both of which have members from Odious Mortem.

They play very Technical Death Metal with an epic element. When I say epic element I don't mean like this epic, I mean like morbidly epic, like the definition of epic being that you could tell a tale of it. They are very modern in this sense and don't compromise brutality for melodies, which I like a lot and you hopefully do too.

The sound on this album has a definitive character to it. It's for the most part a sound similar to Fleshgod Apocalypse with an active, dirty bass sound, clicky drums and stuff. Although, I do think Odious Mortem sound more organic than Fleshgod Apocalypse. The guitar sound is also very cool but as I don't know much about guitar sound I don't know how to describe it.

All in all it's a fuckin' awesome album.

Complete with artwork from Pår Olofsson who is responsible for most of the really awesome artwork of recent Modern Death Metal.

Get the album now on MediaFire!

No comments:

Post a Comment