Friday, December 3, 2010

Corpus Mortale - A New Species of Deviant

Corpus Mortale are band hailing from Copenhagen, Denmark. They are a Death Metal band with old school influences (I really don't know my old school though). They formed in 1993 and have released two full length albums, the latter being A New Species of Deviant.

I really, really like this album. It kinda changed my view on Death Metal riffing when I first heard it. The album is somewhat original though not that much. It's still very much the Death Metal everyone is familiar with but I thought the riffing was pretty original. It's very epic riffing with a lot of cool melodies. I also like the vocals a lot, nothing special but very well done. All in all great album from these danish dudes.

The sound on this album is very pronounced. I like that, especially with this band. The sound relies heavily on the aggressive bass sound to give it a great deal of punch, it also gives it a heavier sense of groove. It's also very fun to hear a somewhat modern Death Metal band with a very old school sound. As I say the sound is very pronounced so that you can hear very clearly everything that's going on. I thought the guitar melodies really have their place in the sound. It all makes for a very fun listen.

Go check this shit out on MediaFire

No comments:

Post a Comment