Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Wolves in the Throne Room - Two Hunters

Let the process of revival begin!

Wolves in the Throne Room is a Black Metal band living in the forests of Olympia (not where the greek gods sleep, but in Washington). They have released 3 albums and some minor releases.

These guys are playing superb Atmospheric Black Metal that is surely able to put you in a forest immediately when you close your eyes or just make your brain download a cheesy collection of Darkthrone videos. Their lyrical concepts are about nature and shaman rituals, one of the many things that caught my eye when I decided to check them out back in '07 (their band name was the first thing I noticed, how can you skip such an awesome name?).

These guys are one of my favorite bands and I picked this album because it was the first I heard with them. I recommend that you should check their other albums if you are fond of this one.

Download

P.S. If you like this album and have listened to their other LPs you should check out Krallice, Altars of Plague (seriously you gotta' love the Khanate part!), Weakling, Drudkh (some consider them nazi, looking past that they create mind blowing black metal) and Burzum's Filosofem.

No comments:

Post a Comment